Jonathan has a diverse litigation practice including commercial disputes, complex products liability, employment litigation, white collar criminal defense, civil rights, media law and insurance. He has tried numerous jury cases to verdict in both state and federal courts.
Jonathan has handled over one hundred appeals, and has argued in the First, Third and Fourth Departments, the New York Court of Appeals, and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Sixth and Eighth Circuits. In 2009, he obtained one of the largest arbitration awards in the history of FINRA, a $40 million award against Merrill Lynch. Jonathan has been involved in several multi-district litigation matters and class and collective actions.
Jonathan's clients include higher education institutions, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, media companies, school districts and religious institutions.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Phyllis A. Kravitch, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Banking and Finance; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Litigation and Controversy - Tax (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2016 Syracuse Litigation - Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2020, Litigation: General Commercial
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, General Litigation (listed for more than 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers, Commercial and Federal Litigation Sections
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, Cornell Law Review
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Quoted in 5 Tips for Avoiding Awkward Video-Conferencing Malfunctions in Courts, Depositions, Law.com, November 20, 2020
- Review: Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, 4th Edition, Onondaga County Bar Reporter, June 2016
- Moderator, Restrictive Covenants: The Good, the Bad and What the Future Holds, NYSBA Webinar, June 17, 2020
- Class Action Refund Lawsuits Against Higher Educational Institutions, CICU Webinar, May 14, 2020
- Chancellor, Episcopal Diocese of Central New York
- Vestry Warden, St. Peter's Episcopal Church