Kevin has experience in property tax assessment challenges and litigation representing private individuals, private corporations and public corporations in connection with their real property tax assessment issues.
Kevin has addressed exemption valuation issues associated with all types of property including mining operations and a wide variety of industrial and utility properties and PILOT negotiation language.
Kevin also represents industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal clients with regard to environmental and energy compliance, permitting and litigation matters. He has broad experience in counseling clients, including project sponsors and municipalities, regarding site development (particularly for mining operations, energy facilities, and landfills), environmental quality review matters under the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), petroleum bulk storage issues, environmental aspects of real property and business transactions, and federal (including Superfund matters) and state environmental litigation matters. Kevin also addresses matters involving state and federal regulatory environmental compliance issues, particularly in the areas of solid and hazardous waste, wetlands, environmental remediation, MSHA, and OSHA (including Hazard Communication standards and OSHA training requirements).
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Energy Law; Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers Syracuse Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year, 2014, 2018, 2020
- Best Lawyers Syracuse Litigation - Environmental Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- Chambers USA 2020, Environmental
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Environmental (listed for more than 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association, Former Chair, Environmental and Energy Law Section
- Maine Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee
- Air and Waste Management Association, Central New York Chapter
- American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)
- Independent Power Producers of New York (IPPNY)
- Independent Oil and Gas Association (IOGA) of New York
- New York Association for Solid Waste Management
- New York Construction Materials Association (NYCMA), Board Member
- New York State Wetlands Forum, Past Co-Chair
- New York Water Environment Federation Association
- Panel Member, Energy from Waste: Where are We, and Where Are We Going To?, NYSASWM, May 21-24, 2017
- "Court Rules that Red Wing Has a Vested Right to Mine its Property," Materials Matter, Fall 2020
- Board Member, Baldwinsville Community Scholarship Foundation
- Board Member, CenterState CEO
- Board Member, Paige’s Butterfly Run, Inc.
- Board Member, United Way of Central New York
- Board Member, YMCA of Central New York
- Board of Education, Baldwinsville Central School District, 2000-2009