Vincent provides timely advice to clients on corporate governance, real estate, contract, construction and general business issues. Vincent focuses a signification portion of his practice on institutions of higher education and other nonprofit institutions. He has handled numerous types of matters including zoning, construction and renovation of college dormitories, student apartments, academic buildings, libraries and other facilities.
A member of the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), Vincent advises the boards of trustees and administrators of a number of Western New York area colleges and universities. In addition, Vincent served on the Board of Trustees of Hilbert College from 2003 through 2012 and was board chair from 2007 through 2009.
Vincent has served as a contributing author for the Practical Law Company, an international online publisher of legal resources, and spoken at the Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities on higher education corporate governance topics. He has also served as a guest lecturer for the University at Buffalo School of Management, the New York State Bar Association and various business groups on a broad range of topics.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Litigation - Land Use and Zoning; Litigation - Real Estate; Real Estate Law (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2019 Buffalo Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2018 Buffalo Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Buffalo Litigation - Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2016 Buffalo Litigation - Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Buffalo Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2019, Real Estate
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Real Estate
- Who's Who in Law 2008, Buffalo Business First
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Erie County Bar Association
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- "Five Questions with... Vincent Hanley," Buffalo Law Journal, May 13, 2013
- Board of Directors, Food Bank of WNY, 2014-present
- Board of Directors, Society of St. Vincent de Paul Society for Buffalo and Western New York
- Board of Trustees, D'Youville College, 2019.
- Board of Trustees, Mercy Hospital Foundation, 2014-present
- Board of Trustees, Hilbert College, 2003-2012; past Chair, 2007-2009
- Recipient, Hilbert College Medal, 2013
- Member, Saints Peter and Paul Church, Williamsville, New York
- Member, St. Thomas More Guild
- Recipient, St. Thomas More Award, 2017