Laura counsels employers engaged in a wide variety of industries, including health care, higher education, public school education, manufacturing and the service and financial industries.
Her practice includes all aspects of labor and employment law and she represents clients involved in litigation in the state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations, mediations and state and federal agency actions.
Laura's practice also includes in-house labor and employment training for clients. She is a frequent lecturer and has authored and co-authored articles on a range of legal topics.
For five years, Laura served as Governor Andrew Cuomo’s appointee as Chair of the Fourth Department Judicial Screening Committee and a member of the Governor's State Judicial Screening Committee. These Committees evaluate the qualifications of judicial candidates and make recommendations to the Governor with respect to which candidates are highly qualified to hold judicial positions.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Education Law; Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2019 Syracuse Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Syracuse Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Syracuse Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2019, Labor and Employment
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Employment and Labor
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Chair, Fourth Department Judicial Screening Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section of the Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- Notes Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Ethical Considerations in Employment Discrimination Cases, Employment Discrimination Law & Litigation 2018, Practising Law Institute, June 18, 2018
- Sexual Harassment: What Management Needs to Know in the Current Cultural and Legal Climate, Management by Menu #partnerinchange, 2018 Maines Food Show, May 15, 2018
- Interviewed in “Preventing Sexual Harassment: A Way Forward,” Connect NY, produced by WCNY, January 29, 2018
- Panel Member, Sticky Issues in Faculty Discrimination - Legal Update and Practice Pointers, NACUA CLE Workshop, March 30, 2017
- ADA/Section 504, Employment Law Alliance Webinar, September 22, 2015
- Employment Law Update, Central New York Society for Human Resource Management, January 27, 2015
- Quoted in “‘Ugly’ Policy Alleged at NBC: Only Beautiful People Need Apply,” HR Today, August 8, 2017
- "New NYC Rules For Accommodating Pregnant Employees Take Effect," HR Specialist, New York Employment Law, January 2014
- Harshbarger, "Employer Liability for Supervisor Harassment, After Ellerth and Faragher," Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, Vol. 6, Spring 1999, No. 1
- Director, Onondaga County Bar Foundation Board of Directors