Throughout the COVID-19 global health and economic crisis Bond has marshaled its resources in support of employers by assessing the shifting business landscape, identifying potential legal hazards and charting sound approaches to detour around them and communicating their insights to clients.
As soon as guidance and executive orders are announced we’re analyzing them and communicating about what they mean to everyday operations. We use articles, blogs posts, individual counsel and have become prolific webinar providers. We can do this because the COVID-19 Essential Resources for Business group brings together attorneys from multiple practices within the firm (e.g., labor and employment, business restructuring, real estate, tax, government relations, corporate, higher education, litigation, etc.). Collaboratively, they divide and conquer the big issues presented by the crisis to offer informed holistic counsel.
Unfortunately, the end of the pandemic is distant, so Bond will continue to:
- explain the laws and latest guidance that may provide economic relief;
- focus on risk and crisis mitigation plans;
- review and analyze contracts to assess both potential liability and recovery related to nonperformance, force majeure clauses and termination;
- unpack and simplify the tax law amendments designed to ease tax compliance burdens and expand some tax benefits;
- assist with implementation of OSHA guidelines, new and old, to promote workplace safety; and
- advise on all aspects of employment law compliance.