Throughout the global health and economic crisis caused by COVID-19, Bond marshalled its resources to support employers by continually assessing and communicating about the shifting legal landscape, its potential hazards and how to seek shelter.
As soon as guidance and executive orders were announced we’ve guided employers of all sizes across this unstable never-traversed terrain with individual counsel and webinars, information memos and blog posts.
While the end of the health pandemic is distant, the American economy needs to reopen. The COVID-19 Recovery for Business group brings together attorneys from multiple practices within the firm (e.g., labor and employment, business restructuring, real estate, tax, government relations, corporate, litigation, etc.). Collaboratively, they offer informed holistic counsel.
- Advise on business-opening process considerations, including phased re-opening and proactive steps that may be taken at each phase;
- Explain the laws and latest guidance that affect clients seeking economic relief;
- Assist with drafting risk mitigation plans, reopening plans and forms and applications for various relief programs;
- Review and analyze contracts to assess both potential liability and recovery related to nonperformance, force majeure clauses and termination;
- Unpack and simplify the tax law amendments designed to ease tax compliance burdens and expand some tax benefits;
- Assist with implementation of OSHA guidelines, new and old, to promote workplace safety; and
- Advise on all aspects of employment law compliance.